A student of the legendary John Danaher and former Philosophy student. After graduating from the City University of New York Queens college instead of going to graduate school to attain his PhD in Philosophy as he originally planned he began pursuit of a professional grappling career as an instructor and competitor. His systematic and organized method of instruction has made him one of the most sought after Jiu jitsu coaches in the world having taught in 11 countries on 3 different continents.
Robert is ranked #1 in the world in the Grappling Industries No Gi adult male category,with a total of 18 gold medals achieved in the tournament series - the most ever won. In addition he has secured 7 expert division victories in the North American Grappling Association tournament series including a submission over Malachi Edmond the #13 ranked No Gi 66 kg grappler in the world. He has appeared on numerous Submission Only events across the globe including the RISE Invitational, Grapplefest, the Polaris Contenders, the Singapore Grappling Invitational and Fight2win. His complete competitive record currently stands at 149 wins 16 losses with 136 wins coming by way of submission against only 6 submission losses.
Some of Robert's competitive and coaching accomplishments include:
◖Seminars taught in 11 countries:
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
◖Instructor at Asia's #1 martial arts academy the prestigious EVOLVE MMA in Singapore.
◖7X NAGA (North American Grappling Association) expert division winner:
- 1. May 12,2018 - NAGA Providence, Rhode Island
- 2. July 14,2018 - NAGA Connecticut
- 3. January 19,2019 - NAGA Long Island
- 4. January 26,2019 - NAGA Philadelphia
- 5. August 3,2019 - NAGA Wildwood, New Jersey
- 6. October 19,2019 - NAGA New England
- 7. December 14,2019 - NAGA Maryland
◖18X Grappling Industries Advanced division winner and ranking as the #1 Pound for pound adult male NoGi grappler:
- 1. March 24,2018 - Grappling Industries Manhattan, New York.o
- 2. August 18, 2018 - Grappling Industries Manhattan, New York.
- 3. March 10,2019 – Grappling Industries Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 4. June 1,2019 – Grappling Industries Paterson, New Jersey.
- 5. July 14,2019 – Grappling Industries Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 6. September 21,2019 – Grappling Industries Fredericksburg, Maryland.
- 7. November 3,2019 – Grappling Industries Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 8. February 9, 2020 – Grappling Industries Secaucus, New Jersey.
- 9. February 15, 2020 – Grappling Industries Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 10. March 8, 2020 - Grappling Industries Saratoga Springs, New York.
- 11. March 14, 2020 - Grappling Industries Nashua, New Hampshire.
- 12 & 13. August 15, 2020 - Grappling Industries Austin, Texas (155 & 170 lb divisions)
- 14. August 22, 2020 - Grappling Industries Tampa, Florida.
- 15 & 16. September 12, 2020 - Grappling Industries Dallas, Texas (155 & 170 lb divisions).
- 17 & 18. September 20, 2020 - Grappling Industries Phoenix, Arizona (145 & 155 lb divisions).
◖4x Newbreed grappling advanced division winner
- 1. June 2, 2018 - New Breed New Jersey
- 2. February 16, 2019 – New Breed Long Island
- 3 & 4. August 8, 2020 - New Breed Spartanburg, South Carolina (155 & 170 lb divisions).
◖2X FUJI Expert division winner
- July 23, 2018 - FUJI New Jersey (145 & 155 lb divisions).
◖3X RISE Invitational Superfight winner (all by submission).
◖Grapplefest superfight winner (by submission).
◖FIght2Win superfight winner (by submission).
◖3X Submission Mission Lightweight champion and Featherweight champion.
◖Finishers Sub-Only superfight victory (by submission in EBI OT).
◖Victories over the previously ranked #10 and #13 ranked No Gi 66 kg grapplers in the world (Emilio Hernandez at the East Coast USA ADCC trials and Malachi Edmond at the NAGA Battle at the beach respectively).
◖Submission win at the Singapore Grappling Invitational by heel hook.